Traffic Crash Reconstruction Expert
We are interested in hiring an established licensed professional engineer (PE) or established traffic crash reconstruction expert with deposition and courtroom experience to help grow our forensic transportation engineering practice at Kittelson LLC. In this role, you will be responsible for investigating and reconstructing motor vehicle collisions and performing vehicle and site inspections utilizing the latest 3D scanning technology, tools, equipment, and software. You will also be required to provide deposition and trial testimony relating to your work. Experience, qualifications, acceptance as an expert in the field of accident reconstruction and the underlying areas of roadway environment, vehicle performance, and driver behavior, as well as testifying experience, are required. An established client base is preferred. ACTAR accreditation is desirable but not required.
This individual will collaborate with our in-house experts and experienced field crews to provide case-specific technical expertise on an array of traffic crash reconstruction cases. Continuous training will be provided.
Expected Work Activities
• Reconstruction of motor vehicle crashes
• Deploying FARO 3D Point Cloud Scanner and software for scene and vehicle documentation
• Preparing vehicle and scene photography and sUAS (drone) photography
• Obtaining passenger vehicle downloads using Bosch Crash Data Recorder software
• Conducting commercial vehicle/heavy truck event data recorder downloads
• Measuring and documenting heavy truck air brake systems
• Working with AutoCAD, VCrash, Faro Zone, and other visualization and animation software
• Preparing technical reports
• Delivering effective deposition and trial testimony
• Strong analytical and field inspection skills
• Personality traits that display professionalism, motivation, dependability, and pleasant demeanor
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to write technical reports concerning inspections, documentation, literature, and opinions
• Project management and supervisory experience are highly desired
• Ability and willingness to travel (occasional overnight trips required)
• Excellent driving record
• Ability to pass DPS Private Investigator background check
This full-time, permanent position comes with competitive pay rates based on experience, medical and dental benefits, a 401k retirement plan, and paid time off. We prefer the individual to live in the College Station, Texas area, but this is not a requirement.
To learn more about Kittelson, LLC, please visit www.kittelsonllc.com. Interested candidates may send their resumes to Sheri Barnett firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kittelson LLC is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment and will not face discrimination based on veteran status or disability.