We are excited to announce the arrival of Randy Schulze, PE, PTOE, PTP at Kittelson LLC. After a brief retirement, Randy decided to re-enter the workforce. He will primarily serve as an expert witness in cases involving traffic control plans and contract disputes involving engineers and contractors. He is also available for traffic engineering and transportation planning pursuits and assignments with our partners at Kittelson & Associates, Inc. in Texas and throughout the country.
Randy is a licensed professional engineer of over 30 years. He started his career in the public sector with stints at TxDOT, Lane County, Oregon; Richardson, Texas; and the Kuwait Ministry of Public Works. He then spent the bulk of his career in the private sector with DMJM (now part of AECOM), and the last two decades at Walter P Moore.
During his consulting years, he completed numerous TIAs and planning studies for healthcare institutions, office, retail, and industrial. He served as lead transportation planner for a 12,000-employee campus for a major energy company in Houston (opened in 2012) and provided transportation planning services for Walmart’s Bentonville headquarters campus, now under construction.
Significant or specialty projects include:
- Transportation planning for private schools
- Safety audits for power plants and shipyards
- Transportation plan updates for higher education
- Site circulation plans for process plants
- Temporary traffic plans for process plant expansion and upgrades
- Parking planning for on-campus childcare facilities
These projects often include Vissim modeling.
Representative litigation-related work includes:
- Defense of contractors alleged to have provided deficient traffic control plans, resulting in injuries
- Defense of contractors and engineers alleged to have failed to follow contractual requirements, resulting in injuries
- Services for engineers suing for unpaid fees on design-build project
- Defense of engineers alleged to have designed an intersection with deficient sight distance, resulting in injuries
- Provided opinions related to roadside safety design standard of care in toll road design-build project in Peru
Randy is a licensed professional engineer in Texas, and in Oregon with civil and traffic disciplines. He is former president of the ITE Houston Section and is a Fellow for Life in ITE. He serves on the Residential Design Review Committee in The Woodlands Township, Texas, where he resides.
To start a conversation with Randy, give us a call at (979) 693-5800, or send an email to email@example.com.