Kittelson LLC is looking for a full-time technician to help grow our forensic transportation engineering practice. In this role, the technician will investigate and assist in reconstructing motor vehicle collisions. As required, the technician will perform vehicle and site inspections utilizing the latest 3D scanning technology, equipment, and software. You will work with licensed professional engineers and crash reconstructionists to further your experience in the forensic transportation engineering practice. Although not required, we prefer a candidate with previous crash reconstruction and automotive hands-on experience.
This individual will work with our in-house experts to provide case-specific technical expertise on an array of traffic crash reconstruction cases. Continuous on-the-job training will be provided, with opportunities for advancement.
• Assist with setting up inspections
• Assist with field inspections – travel to and inspection of collision scenes and vehicles (occasional overnight travel expected)
• Obtain passenger vehicle downloads using Bosch CDR software
• Conduct heavy truck Event Data Recorder downloads
• Measure and document heavy truck air brake systems
• Deploy and operate FARO 3D point cloud scanners, aerial drone systems, and other hardware assets
• Conduct drafting and production services with AutoCAD, FARO Scene, and other visualization software
• Conduct engineering and mathematical calculations to support forensic transportation engineering services under the mentoring of professional engineers and crash reconstructionists
• Prepare technical reports to assist with forensic transportation engineering efforts
• High school degree or equivalent; Associate degree preferred
• Applicants should have proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to learn new software and hardware quickly
• Fundamentals of AutoCAD or any other CAD based software
• Self-directed and able to work without supervision but able to assist when necessary
• Flexible schedule that allows for travel with short notice that may occasionally extend into multiple days
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This full-time, permanent position comes with competitive pay rates based on experience, medical, and dental benefits, and a 401k retirement plan.
To learn more about Kittelson, LLC, please visit www.kittelsonllc.com. Interested candidates may send their resumes to Sheri Barnett email@example.com.
Kittelson, LLC is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination based on veteran status or disability.