Expert Transportation Engineer
We are interested in hiring an established licensed professional engineer (PE) with deposition and courtroom experience to help grow our forensic transportation engineering practice at Kittelson LLC. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting plaintiff and defense attorneys in their presentation or defense of their legal cases resulting from motor vehicle crashes. Your work will require traveling to inspect crash sites and reviewing relevant crash reports, roadway construction plans, traffic control plans, crash histories, and other materials generated during case discovery. You may be required to write reports and provide deposition and trial testimony relating to your work. The ability to be accepted as an expert in the areas of roadway design, traffic engineering, and traffic signal design and operations, based on your experience and qualifications, is required. A post-graduate degree in Civil Engineering (Masters or Doctorate) is desirable but not necessary. An established client base is preferred.
This individual will collaborate with our in-house experts, experienced field crews, and crash reconstruction experts in an array of diverse types of motor vehicle crashes involving automobiles, pickup trucks, motorcycles, large trucks (including tractor-trailers), buses, bicycles, pedestrians, and trains.
Expected Work Activities
- Investigating crash sites
- Analyzing roadway designs and operations
- Evaluating traffic control devices relevant to crash sites
- Evaluating roadway construction zones and relevant traffic control plans
- Analyzing railroad crossing designs and operations
- Analyzing parking lot designs and operations
- Preparing engineering reports
- Delivering effective deposition and trial testimony
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Texas (or ability to obtain a Texas license in an appropriate amount of time)
- Established expertise in a technical area related to expected forensic engineering activities
- Personality traits that display professionalism, motivation, dependability, and pleasant demeanor
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to write engineering reports that address crash site inspections, documentation of typical engineering-related records, and relevant research literature that support engineering opinions
- Project management and supervisory experience are highly desired
- Ability and willingness to travel with occasional overnight trips
- At least ten years of professional experience
- Demonstrated deposition and courtroom testimony experience
- Public agency experience or experience representing a public agency on a continuing basis
Preferred Soft Skills
- Passion for the transportation industry and consulting spirit
- Interest in knowledge sharing and mentorship
- A strong interest in learning new and innovative technologies
- Commitment to serving others first and delivering excellence with a high level of customer service
- Solid people skills and the ability to build trusting relationships
- Ability to think on your feet, with effective communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, a generous and flexible PTO program (in addition to parental leave), an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity and inclusion.
The base salary plus retirement range for this position (determined by the candidate’s experience) is $125,000 to $175,000.
We also recognize the performance of all staff through a performance bonus program based upon the individual’s contributions to key areas that lead to the achievement of our collective goals.
Flexible Work Environments
Kittelson supports flexible work environments, which include cell phone stipends and mobile or remote office setup costs. We prefer the individual to live in the College Station, Texas, area, but this is not a requirement.
To learn more about Kittelson, LLC, please visit kittelsonllc.com. Interested candidates may send their resumes to Sheri Barnett firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kittelson, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination based on veteran status or disability.